Skocz do zawartości
brandon429

3l vase 5 yrs update

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

thank you for stopping in Lucas what country are you from friend? The very first pics in the thread are good sps and lps growth, the coralline, and these tabular acropora shots above are detailed growth...

the corals have been in there for years and its true it is cramped, but its also showing how they adapt in a way not familiar to common marine science. the coral warfare is supposed to be too much for this many species in less than a gallon, but it isn't!

I let the health of the system, the lack of bad algae, and the corals plated onto the side of the glass (see the alveopora) speak for whether or not the corals like to be in this tiny vessel.

The shrimp and crab molt regularly, yet do not get larger, here's the crab molting up inside the reef cave I built into the vase:

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

the point of having systems so impossibly small is to demonstrate the adaptive power of mixed coral ecosystems and to be transportable, no other reef aquarium with SPS is transportable as a palmtop. Since I did not patent the design I have spread around the knowledge for about a decade now online to make my digital "stamp"!

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

I believe it is an achievement but as you mentioned the shrimp and the crab are not growing. Don't you believe it is a result of dwarfism due to the small size of the tank? I'd say it is a bit odd and unnatural to accumulate such a large amount of coral in such a small tank, resulting in denying the growth of the more expansive ones.

ff37c322e831cc203da4ccb0e5154311u1046a915.png

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

ciekawe ile ogórków by tam weszło? trza jeszcze liczyć koper czosnek,korzeń chrzanu :tongues

900 l w obiegu

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
#288326 DarekB30 :
#288315 kmirko :

W Wazonie to się kwiaty trzyma.

każdy ma jakiegoś bzika, ja w sumpie trzymam kota żony :tongues

http://www.nano-reef.pl/datas/users/4234-sump%20darek.jpg

...a ja trzymam w lozku zony sasiadow...szkoda ze nie umiem wstawiac zdjec...Pozdrawiam...

Zbiornik 75x80x29 cm. Deltec 600i DC, AI Hydra 26 HD, Maxspect Jump Gyre, polowka CP-25, Jecod 1200 DC...

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Those are all very acceptable opinions, but Id ask you how big do boxer crabs normally get? How big do the yellow banded coral shrimps get? they stay small regardless of molts, check around online for lybia tesellata and stenopus hispidus.

The lifespan of the system and the lateral plating of the corals does not suggest they are unhappy, after all, you guys have no trouble accepting a 20 gallon nano and that is very small compared to the ocean.

*Subjectivity* reins in the reefkeeping world, you guys can post pictures of cats all day long :tongues but what you see in the videos is pure biology, demonstrated by a truly aged captive reef system in my opinion.

These systems and techniques are not found anywhere else so its not received well by the masses. Iceberg, I checked your profile to see your reef work. where are your tank pictures? id like to see what elements of unique design you put into your builds.

when 20 gallon tanks came out, who accepted them? Now they are the largest of nanos, this is yet another round of evolution. it is far easier to run a reef vase than any other sized reef...I have many friends online who run them too and agree

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

I didn't show up here to fight or see who could post the wittiest insults, maybe you should stop that. You make comments about someones wife on a reef tank forum in place of helpful observation?

back to pico reef science, like how the thread started:

not everyone likes the look of the packed vase with its magnifying effect/some would like to see more open spaces and a spotlight coral in the middle as opposed to rubbing elbows with 15 other genera, thats a great example of opinion I wouldn't try to sway. whats undeniable is that its balanced and that it works as well as any other reef tank design.

:tongues

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

My angle is to make an ecosystemic account for every animal in here. These are not haphazardly placed, they are balanced, selected for genetic size predisposition and the feeding system is the primary power source for the reef.

Most reef aquariums are designed around feeding approaches that are slightly above the waste holding capabilities for the tank, and slightly below the needs of the animals, that's one of the toughest balances that makes the majority of reef tanks a slow decline from day one setup. that along with dosing for ion support.

In these tiny tanks, a full 100% water change (complete export and import) takes 3 minutes per week, is less work than any other sized reef over a month's time, and saves me from having skimmers pumps filters sumps refugiums all tied to my reef looking like a wire hose maze. I simply input an enormous load of frozen cyclopeeze and marine bioplankton, let it swirl overnight, then change out all the water next morning.

this feed/change coupling happens on Fridays, the rest of the week the reef lives off its internal fauna generated by the sandbed and from photosynthetic activity within the host/symbionts

I dose 4 milliliters of C balance additive, each doser, spaced 15 minutes apart at 7 am or 8 am in the morning three times per week, this is in tandem with the critical carbon dioxide/respirative cycles of an aged pico reef. its not about simply cramming corals into a vase, if you did that without these techniques it would die in a week. I think this current vase is approaching 260 weeks now?

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

...Hi Brandon...sumarizing Your posts,concerning my person i would like to correct Your misunderstanding...I've always admired and always had great respect for these kind of reef freak's as U are...In my post U wont find any criticizm about Your achievements and this post itself is kind of innocent joke of the general vibe...I really do belive,people like U Brandon,contribute to a better understunding what's reefkeeping about...Why am i not showing my successes...?...Simply cause,there are not great,second...well,my tank it's something intimate and for this reasen it's situated in my bedroom,where i sleep and where eventually some princess passing by...My tank it's not a decorative piece of furniture,rather my private lab...so i have't got a need to show it over...Though it's a good thing,once a year Santa Clause from the States is passing by, with some new gift's for the NR...Sorry dude for mistakes,but since my only friend Willy Scheakspeare died i do not have anyone to correct my writing...Keep on...destiny bless U...RvI...

Zbiornik 75x80x29 cm. Deltec 600i DC, AI Hydra 26 HD, Maxspect Jump Gyre, polowka CP-25, Jecod 1200 DC...

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

no problem my only concern was the wife comments, the translators don't clarify what was said very well. Well if you would like to post up your pics you are welcome here anytime

Brandon

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

I'm from poland of course :tongues From last few years I live in scotland. And even here, misers scotsmans got bigger jars :D haha :D But as I said before :D I'm impressive. It's not big deal to make pocket reef tank. But keep animals in good helth and in well condition inside this - just must be reefkeeping star :D

Btw - what r u doing here? :) why polish forum?

:)

lucas

Nadchodzi nowe... :lol

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

Some of the best reef work I have seen is in foreign boards, its a hoot to try and navigate the cultural differences in communication and writing style using a translator that is approximately 30% accurate. thats the personal entertainment side...

the science side is sharing all these ideas and gaining others. for example Tomco's reef below is so shocking I will link it to nano-reef.com in USA, which if you haven't been there before, just click around and look at pics and use the translator as I do. Tomco's reef is in the top ten worldwide Ive seen for the size because of his color diversity, I can't get sps of that species where Im from so drooling on others is second best

In fact I invite you and hopefully request any of you will post your aquariums at the massive website I co-moderate the nanos forum, Reefs.org one of the oldest forums on the web about saltwater aquariums.

Use the translators to do what Im doing and we can share ideas across the globe, nobody does this nowadays except for yours truly and I highly recommend it.

one of the best foreign boards for you to all picture surf is francenanorecif.com

picture hopping is awesome there and so are many posts here, I will share your board with USA> you advertise many of the things we buy as well, just in another langauage:)

so please tell me these things:

1. when you read my posts are they in scribbled words that make no sense, or are they in Polish but the meaning is all jumbled

2. is anyone reading the actual english text Im writing and what percentage makes sense to a Polish reader?

3. I wonder how crazy I must sound to you lol

somehow my thread went crazy when it seemed two guys were talking about cats and my wife the translator had to play some role in the mishap and that's why this is just a tiny barrier to worldwide reef success.

4. has anyone typed in English to me or has this all been posted by the web translator, Im using IE7 and the blue button at the top.

If anyone is offended by me posting other boards I will remove them, not to offend. I am simply listing the places I travel and meet tons of smart people.

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
#288753 brandon429 :

1. when you read my posts are they in scribbled words that make no sense, or are they in Polish but the meaning is all jumbled

2. is anyone reading the actual english text Im writing and what percentage makes sense to a Polish reader?

somehow my thread went crazy when it seemed two guys were talking about cats and my wife the translator had to play some role in the mishap and that's why this is just a tiny barrier to worldwide reef success.

4. has anyone typed in English to me or has this all been posted by the web translator, Im using IE7 and the blue button at the top.

If anyone is offended by me posting other boards I will remove them, not to offend. I am simply listing the places I travel and meet tons of smart people.

Hello my almost mate :tongues I used to live in SanAnt and ELP. Acc to your questions, I think that we've found you easy to understand. It's obvious that we rather try focus on the technical datas, tank maintenace than a perfect english writing. And forget about the strict translations, some of us are messing arround but only for add some humour not to offend anybody :D

And you don't sound crazy. Not at all, as I mentioned, switch to pass the important infos, share the knowledge and don't hasitate asking for advice.

All the above, I wish you the best with my finger crossed.

Sorry for my english...

Regards.

cc183b31859f2d3073f0571477a8ac16u1871a16

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
#288753 brandon429 :

so please tell me these things:

It's clear and well-written.

I believe the majority of the people here read the actual English text, and not bother with the google translator :)

No, there was nothing about your wife, one of us just mentioned, as a joke, using the sump for keeping his wife's cat in :)

As above, I don't think anybody's been using the translator(s). They're good for grasping the overall meaning; they usually suck at conveying these subtle nuances, though :)

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi

okay so it was about someone elses wife wow thats a 180 difference in context lol

well I have to use translator the semantics joke is on me thanks for clearning that up. Iceberg, lets pretend...

Udostępnij tę odpowiedź

Odnośnik do odpowiedzi
Ten wątek jest dość stary. Należy rozważyć rozpoczęcie nowego wątku zamiast ożywienia tego.